Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Scratch] "Project Cascade" 3M™ Novec™ 7000

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 PM
J7SC
Invalid Media

Rep: 22 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by DoCDoC View Post
Thanks for the interest in the project!

From my understanding fittings and hard lines that we use today would be ok, as far as compatibility with the chemical, it would not react or degrade them. However the big issue is they would not be able to handle the internal pressure that the Novec solution/gas would put on them. As soon as the gas would build it could raise to ~20-35 PSI. This would literally bust most fittings today. In the design I'm looking to keep it under 15-30 PSI. Submersion is really the best way to utilize the solution. Making sure the condenser can keep up will be the challenge. I would like to add a industrial psi gauge to the top of the tank to monitor it, so the computer can shutdown if the secondary cooling system fails.

DoCDoC

Thanks for the info. Controlling the 'state' of Novec before the pressure builds via gas must be a real challenge...still, I plan to follow your progress w/ great interest. This still seems to a bit more realistic than D-Wave's ('quantum computing') 'closed loop LN2 setup (size of a room), or Kingpin's 'Roboclocker' here