Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Techpowerup] NVIDIA DLSS and its Surprising Resolution Limitations

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:57 AM
ToTheSun!
mfw

Rep: 392 (Unique: 204)
Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Of course Nvidia changed their minds, at least for now in the meagre sample count of games we have with it, that much is a fact, it's obviously impossible to counter and neither did I do that. In fact, that is what I said and what apparently startled someone to say that the press (TR, Tom's and PCPer) was wrong when they initially reported on it. The problem is that the press wasn't wrong because that's what Nvidia said in no uncertain terms.

Contrary to what you say, there is nothing ambiguous in the Turing whitepaper about their intentions, they described in very clear terms how the system was going to work:

https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/e...Whitepaper.pdf

What exactly in the paragraph above leaves space for ambiguity? Of course Nvidia can do whatever it wants next, but their intentions were very clear, but apparently someone is trying to rewrite history by conflating what their written intentions were with what they are doing [for] now and accuse me of serious things along the way. And Tom's specifically confirmed with them back then too. Are we going to dispute that too? How unambiguous do things have to be? Have Jensen say it out loud on stage in pure 8K resolution so you can read the fine detail in his lips too if you wish?
Yes, I know that's the excerpt you were referring to previously. I've read it a second time, just to make sure, and I find no passage in it that literally and indubitably conveys that data transfer and management regarding DLSS is exclusively bound to GFE. I'm sure you will reach the same conclusion if you go over it again with a mind to look for information that doesn't necessarily invalidate the opposite of what you believe is the case.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲