Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Displayport working intermittently (Out of Range and No Signal)

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
HeWhoDared
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Rep: 44 (Unique: 44)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
You may want to call Benq on the phone and ask for their engineering department in Taiwan to file a bug report.
This issue may be related to the original displayport problems that were fixed in the XL2420Z / XL2720Z" Benq V004 firmwares (before they ever were Zowie). Before v004 firmware, the XL2720Z was not even usable over displayport at anything higher than 60hz. This bug went all the way back to the old lightboost only "T" series monitors.

I assume your monitor is on v007 firmware? Can you check?
Power off the monitor, hold button #4 for 5 seconds and press the power button without releasing button #4. Release button #4 after you get a screen. The "ZOWIE" logo will not appear if you did this right. You can then press button #4 to enter the service menu. The strobe duty, strobe phase and single strobe settings are also there (for blur reduction).

The fixes implemented may still be having issues on newer cards. You can check blurbusters' forums but i haven't seen anyone with a RTX card with one of these yet (I guess for good reason, wouldn't you want Gsync or adaptive sync?).
Thanks a lot man, this is really helpful..only issue I am running into now is accessing the service menu, been trying it per your suggestion along with some on the below, and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I hate these soft touch buttons on my monitor.

Is it the #4 from the bottom?

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewt...hp?f=13&t=2467

I might not have made the best informed monitor purchase last spring, so yeah I guess I regret it..

(16 items)
CPU
Intel - Core i5-8600K
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z370-A
GPU
ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
RAM
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GBs @ 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500
Power Supply
Seasonic G-650
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional
Monitor
Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen (S2719DGF)
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Mouse
Logitech G403
Mousepad
Steelseries QcK XXL
Audio
Sennheiser x Massdrop 6xxs
Audio
Schiit Magni (Amp)
Audio
Schiit Modi (DAC)
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by HeWhoDared; 02-15-2019 at 11:26 PM.