Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - PCIe card help please, similar to auzentech prelude

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
Dunan
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post
I assume you need a new pcie sound card because you upgraded your motherboard which no longer has PCI slots?

If that is correct, can you tell us what motherboard you got? There is a good chance your on board audio on your new motherboard is on par with these sound cards.

If not, I would go for the asus stx 2 card. All you need are some 3.5mm to RCA adapters and you will be good to go.
That is correct, there aren't any more PCI mobos left so PCIe it is. The motherboard I have is an MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC. Actually the onboard audio isn't bad at all but I cant use the Klipsch 4.1 I have as it won't engage the rear speakers and I have tried everything I can think of. Testing the rear channels thru software works but they won't come on for anything else. If I plug them into the auzentech they all work fine.

I heard that card is really good but the RCA outputs were throwing me off. I'd like to add that along with the Klipsch speakers I also use Sennheiser HD650's and an older headroom.com headphone amp FWIW.

Skyrim fans!!

Check out Redoran Guard's Skyrim Battles!!

Redoran Guard's Skyrim Battles!!

Custom characters and battles from ES lore!

Last edited by Dunan; 02-16-2019 at 01:36 PM.