Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

View Single Post
post #6387 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Bighouse
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Well, I've been running my two NVidia FE RTX2080ti cards for over two weeks, so I decided on this holiday weekend it was time to tear my system apart and extend the watercooling to these cards.

Long story short, the screws that were removed from the EKWB GPU cooler terminals are too short to use for the Terminal X bridge between the two cards. SO, I have to demote my system back to single air-cooled GTX1080 FTW. I'll survive. The cards were working well and I expect them to run cooler once I reinstall them.

To clean up my installation, I'm trying to hide the cable that runs to the EK RTX terminal covers. My cards are installed horizontally, so I'll be staring at the backplates, not the plexiglass sides of the cards. I could just dangle the wires in the space below each card, but noticed there is plenty of space between the PC board and the plexiglass to run the thin LED cable. It would make for a very clean install, but I'm concerned that the wire may interfere, or melt, if it comes into contact with hot elements on the PC board.

Soooo, any electronics experts out there, please take a look at the image in the link below and let me know if this could be trouble, or if it will end up being fine to do this.

https://imgur.com/B1Jd1iE

BuildOne
(8 items)
CPU
Core i9-7900X
Motherboard
Thermaltake Core P5 - Tempered Glass - Black
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
RAM