Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - EVGA Z390 Dark Overview / Overclocking Guide

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:16 AM
tatmMRKIV
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 82)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedson3614 View Post

VCore Vdroop (LLC): Vdroop allows your voltage levels to drop while under load conditions. Depending on your overclock this can be bad because it can lead to instability. I recommend
"-25% - Less droop" because it allows a good balance of target voltage (VCore) and temperatures. While under load it will only drop a small amount and help keep healthy voltage levels. I normally set my VCore a little higher than what the CPU is stable at so that the drop in voltage can stay within stable parameters. In my case, my 9900K is stable at 4.8GHz around 1.265V. I set 1.28V on VCore so that even a small drop stays around or above 1.26V.

VSA (System Agent): This is important because it handles the IO between the CPU and other domains. For overclocking, this can help stabilize higher memory frequencies. I want to point out, 1.2 is a good starting point for a 3600MHz kit. If possible, do not go outside of 1.35V as a maximum.

DDR4 frequency range: DDR4-2133 - DDR4-2800 | Required CPU VCCIO Voltage range: 1.05V - 1.15V | Required CPU System Agent Voltage range: 1.05V - 1.15V
DDR4 frequency range: DDR4-2800 - DDR4-3600 | Required CPU VCCIO Voltage range: 1.10V - 1.25V | Required CPU System Agent Voltage range: 1.10V - 1.30V
DDR4 frequency range: DDR4-3600 - DDR4-4266 | Required CPU VCCIO Voltage range: 1.15V - 1.30V | Required CPU System Agent Voltage range: 1.20V - 1.35V

“A1 or older style like lower freq and tight timings”.

The way the board is laid out helps with the cooling process because air will move over the top of the power connectors, memory, CPU, and rear panel heatsink.

IMPORTANT NOTE: EVGA e-leet is the only way to monitor voltages everything else does VID

Id say to throw cinebench r15 and geekbench in there, as well as XTU(since evga themselves said thats what you should test stability on on this board)
cinebench is really a really good quick test that will help you chasedown the vcore you need.
geekbench3 modded to 64bit is also very good.
I find if you can't pass these you won't be long term stable. if you can you almost definitely will be.. also they take alot less time then you can try your long benches

And I dont know why anyone recommends P95 its hitter than every other test and I can't see anyone outside of editing and hardcore computing that would run into those situations... I mean you can get an additional multi usually if you ignore prime95... it doesn't make you more stable... if anything it degrades your IMC on this Gen because they arent supposed to be exposed to extreme heat

VCCSA and vccio were 1.4vdmm and 1.42vdmm for trident royale 4600

(If y'all) ain’t ready for the old murder, then what you gonna do with the new me?

Last edited by tatmMRKIV; 02-27-2019 at 10:35 AM.