Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Fix rx580 Bios, request BIOS red dragon

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
don_pavlov
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Fix rx580 Bios, request BIOS red dragon

Hi,
i have an rx580 red Dragon v2 from powercolor. The previous owner has used it with biosmodding, so was better for mining.
I need to undo the biosmod of that card.

I had problems since the beginning with that card. My Ryzen b350f gaming and my ram combination simply did not work. No posting. Until i found a small switch to change to a different power mode or something.
But after i tried to nicely overclock my pc this week, it brilliantly failed. I was thinking i bricked the card.

Until i inserted an nvidia gtx 1060 and found out, that the bios was still using the same overclocked values, although i tried removing the bios battery. Probably did not wait long enough and had to press power or something...

So now i want to use the nvidia to boot the pc and try to bios mod my amd card back to its stock values.
Poor Support personal already send me an RMA number. But i will hopefully not need it.

Who can provide me with an original bios or an instruction, even link a video how to restore it. I appreciate every bit of help.