Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - RX 590 or Vega 64??

View Single Post
post #66 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:29 PM
WannaBeOCer
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 168 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by liveunlimited View Post
so you make a fuss about staying with amd and then go team green lol.. this whole thread is either one big troll or you are just really that ignorant.. and why would you ever get ice lake.. have you not seen the leaks for the new zen 2 cpu's lol.. 9900k smasher.. for half the price.. ice lake will not beat it clock per dollar.. anyway.. as others said that 2070 is overkill.. hell even the 64 would have been overkill.. if money wasnt an issues should have just gotten a 56 and called it good.. your 3d this and that and hair works etc is just dumb.. 3d was a fail.. and ray tracing is pointless right now.. i got my vega 64 liquid cooled cards for $1000 for both a month ago.. havnt looked back vega 7 was ehh.. navi wont be until the end of the year... when your pc is bottled look for the new zen 2 chips coming in a few months!!! Im waiting for the new threadripper 3850x towards the end of the year and maybe some faster ram.. AMD Forever!!!
He's on a tech forum, the RTX 2070 is the better card and he gets a warranty. We still have no clue how Zen 2's gaming performance will be. There are a handful of games that perform better on monolithic processors than AMD's MCM chips by 20% at the same frequency. If this is a dedicated gaming rig get the card that uses less power, runs cooler, quieter and faster. We've already addressed he needs a new processor but he's holding off.

Your Vega 64s use 264w at stock and with +50% PL it uses 364w and most likely between 280-330w when undervolted each if you have them running in the 1700mhz range. How do I know? I bought a RX Vega 64 XTX(Liquid) at launch for $699.99 and was frustrated with the garbage AIO so I replaced it with an EK waterblock. I'm stuck with AMD cards because of a reason in my sig rig. I bought the Radeon VII with the expectation of needing a GPU block.

A RTX 2070 stock uses between 192w-230w when overclocked and 175w at stock. It's kinda of an easy choice and you won't need a waterblock for your RTX 2070 since most of the cards are quiet but if you have the money buy a block.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB