Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - (Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard

View Single Post
post #151 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 PM
CoolZone
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Using this board for quite some time now, with a Ryzen 7 2700X; pretty happy with it, except the memory compatibility issues. I do have currently installed a Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200 (4x8GB kit) on it and I could only get full stability while running at 2933MHz. If I get any higher, the two USBs driven by the CPU keep disconnecting randomly, which is very annoying. Tried to adjust the SoC voltage, used Ryzen Memory Calculator, used Memory Try It!, entered manual timings, same issue with the USBs (except at 2933).

Later, I have tried to replace the Trident Z RGB kit with a brand new DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB from Corsair (C16, 1.35V, 3666MHz, 4x8GB); tried everything again, but even if I have got full stability in Memtest by using Ryzen Memory Calculator, the two USBs also keep disconnecting randomly, which is very, very annoying. On some other forums, people are experiencing USB disconnects even on the 1st generation Ryzen and they link it to memory instability.

Anyone else has had issues with the USB ports disconnecting? These are the two ones above the WiFi ports.

Thanks!