Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - New system, new GPU.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
Tokkan
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 64)
New system, new GPU.

Hello guys, so the time has finally come to make a new system.
My r9 290 has given it's soul to the maker and died, may it RIP.
My Phenom II 1090T system will receive a 1050ti for my girlfriend to use and am building a new one for myself.

I will buy the following:
CPU AMD Ryzen 2600
Motherboard GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming
16Gb of 3200Mhz CL16 RAM

I have a 850w gold rated corsair PSU (RM850X I believe and no shilka I will not change my PSU.)
NZXT H440
Noctua NH-D14 (already have the AM4 adapter for this cooler)

My question is quite simple
I can spend arround 400e for a GPU, currently 1080p gaming but that might change in the near future as I'm donating one of my screens to my girlfriend also and will look for a new one.
I have looked at the MSI RTX2060 Gaming-Z and at the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64, they are both within 10 euros of each other and seem to be the best picks I can make as of now.

I have read people complain about 6GB on the RTX not being enough for 2019 gaming but it seems to be on par in performance with the Vega. It has new technologies which might be interesting? And also supports FreeSync now.
The Vega 64, the model I can pick seems to be an interesting one. Has 8GB of HBM2 memory, seems as strong as the RTX2060 but it's not as fresh and consumes way more power.

Which would be a safe bet for the next 3 to 4 years in terms of performance? Not counting the DLSS and Ray Tracing features obviously.

I've also seen the 1660Ti for 300e or the Strix Vega56 for 350e, are these worth keeping on the table? And why?
FWIW I live in Portugal, so the prices I'm seeing are local to Portugal.
Thank you