Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion

View Single Post
post #3477 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 PM
spurdy
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post
Okay, I'll give that a try. Probably not today, I have a lot to do. Thanks for the suggestion.
Definitely worth it since you'll have a working backup again, and not at all difficult.

Firstly, I'd strongly suggest you switch the system to single-bios mode if you've not already. It seems to solve all the strange "suddenly my system won't boot" and corrupt BIOS issues; keeping the buggy DualBIOS feature from breaking things when trying to do fancy automatic fail-over and re-flash stuff, by my guess.

From then on you just manually set the active BIOS using the BIOS selection switch. Boot up with your working BIOS, enter Q-Flash, then flip the BIOS selection switch right before executing the flash. I've successfully re-flashed my main and backup multiple times, as well as just using the selection switch to easily move between two versions for testing/comparison. I've also had zero issues with any "soft brick" or boot problems since moving to single-bios mode, when I did experience some before.