Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - (Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard

View Single Post
post #158 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter
os2wiz
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by CoolZone View Post
Using this board for quite some time now, with a Ryzen 7 2700X; pretty happy with it, except the memory compatibility issues. I do have currently installed a Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200 (4x8GB kit) on it and I could only get full stability while running at 2933MHz. If I get any higher, the two USBs driven by the CPU keep disconnecting randomly, which is very annoying. Tried to adjust the SoC voltage, used Ryzen Memory Calculator, used Memory Try It!, entered manual timings, same issue with the USBs (except at 2933).

Later, I have tried to replace the Trident Z RGB kit with a brand new DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB from Corsair (C16, 1.35V, 3666MHz, 4x8GB); tried everything again, but even if I have got full stability in Memtest by using Ryzen Memory Calculator, the two USBs also keep disconnecting randomly, which is very, very annoying. On some other forums, people are experiencing USB disconnects even on the 1st generation Ryzen and they link it to memory instability.

Anyone else has had issues with the USB ports disconnecting? These are the two ones above the WiFi ports.

Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by alefim View Post
The most correct is to buy a set of 16gb each, in the site of the motherboard has some compatable models.

I bought the model F4-3600C16D-16GTZR and it works at 3600 CL 14 at 1.47v without problems.
1.47 volts is excessive and will definitely degrade the life expectancy and performance of your memory over time.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.2 GHZ, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 360 cpu AIO cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4000mhz CL-19-19-19-39 1.35v Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu