Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

View Single Post
post #2782 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Falkentyne
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 369 (Unique: 262)
Quote: Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post
Having a hard time understanding the behavior you are describing. Guess I got to see it happen to understand. Maybe if there was a Youtube video. Not asking you. I'll look for it myself.

My old X99 MSI Godlike does something like that. After a complete cold shut off when power button pressed it will warm up for a few seconds, different post codes will flash, and then shut off for a second and go back on. They say its memory training but its crap!

Anyhow upgraded to F8 based on promise of improved system stability. Still has trouble finding my Samsung 970 pro. Had to reboot for it to register.

Will see how it goes. Thanks.
Ok, in F8b (the last bios where I verified this) and "maybe" sometimes in f8e(??), after a hard AC power off--when all AC power is completely disconnected (not talking about pressing the case button to shut off the computer), when you press the case button, the board will power on briefly, no POST codes or anything, then just power off and then power on again and post normally. It was only like 2 seconds. I also have NO idea if its related to the "Power loading" setting in the bios or not. It does NOT do this when plugging in the AC cable or anything so I can live with this.

In F8G, it would never do this. Instead, as soon as you flick the power supply switch on, or if the switch is already on but the AC plug is unplugged, plugging in the AC cable, the board will instantly "turn on" like it's warming up (no post codes, so its like the one above) and then turn off, and then wait for you to press the case button. This I cant live with.

I do not know if that happened in F8H or F8, couldn't be bothered to see. Maybe I'll try again after my delid kit arrives in a few days and I mess around some more.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM