Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion

View Single Post
post #9743 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:25 AM
RichKnecht
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
Not only that, he also has 2X GPUs and some Quick Disconnect (added restriction) on his loop....

I guess the following could be restricting your performance..

Fans? What fans are you using?
Radiators not getting enough fresh air...
What is your CPU block?

I might be wrong though.
Oh, I've been going over this for a LONG time I am using 3 ML120 fans on each radiator, an EK Supremacy, and a D5 pump-res combo. Thrash said to add a second pump, which I am probably going to do. There are quite a few 90 degree fittings in the loop which restrict flow quite a bit. Plus, the one EK XE360 is reported to be pretty restrictive as far as rads go. The other 2 are PE360s and they are fine as far as restriction goes. I just ran a test where I did a few CB runs with the pump at 100%. Temps just touched 70C. Then I ran a few more CB tests with the pump at 70% and temps rose 5-6C which leads me to believe that the pump NEEDS to run at 100% in order for the loop to cool the CPU down. I am guessing ( big word when talking about X299) if I add another pump, flow would increase by quite a bit. With the voltage I am using (1.223), 3 360mm radiators and direct die cooling should keep the chip in the low 60s under load not in the 70s. But who knows...I could be wrong just like I have been in the past.

Editing PC
(11 items)
CPU
7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
ASUS RTX 2060 Dual
RAM
Corsair vengence RGB 3466
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 256GB