Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

View Single Post
post #2790 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:24 AM
Falkentyne
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 370 (Unique: 263)
Quote: Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post
Rufus did the trick, a handy little utility. Thank you very much. Updated just fine and redid all of my settings rather than just load F7 profile. Running my Prime95 29.5 torture test now, so far so good after 15 mins at my same settings as F7.

I just saw that you ordered a delid kit, you are a brave soul re: delidding a 9900K. I'm sitting this gen out as I'm fine with my CPU OC and voltage. And don't want to break anything when removing the solder. Interested to see your temp differences after you test.

Edit- I got a WHEA error after 20 mins of Prime. Crap. I'm not looking forward to tinkering again / adding voltage after work. My F7 OC was rock solid.
Go back to F7 right now and test the same settings and tell me if you get a WHEA error. The faster you go back the faster you'll find out.
Make sure all current, current protection and power limits are set to the same thing.
Oh wait you're at work right now?

[email protected]5 ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM