Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [TH]Intel Core i9-9900KF Review: Disabled Graphics and No Discount

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 PM
magnek
Professional Proletariat

Rep: 478 (Unique: 192)
Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
From the source:

This is factually incorrect.

The 9900KF has other things disabled too. A quick glance at the ARK pages of both the i9-9900K and i9-9900KF models would have let them report on it correctly:

Intel® vPro™ Platform Eligibility: K: yes, KF: no

Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP): K: yes, KF: no

Intel® Trusted Execution Technology: K: yes, KF: no

Interestingly, a few weeks ago when the KF model was put in the ARK database, TSX was also mentioned as being disabled, but now it's mentioned as enabled. Was it an error at first or is the now enabled status a result of market segmentation second thoughts?

Now, do those differences change a gamer and / or overclocker's minds about it? Most probably not and ironically, stuff like vPro being disabled may actually make the CPU more secure (even though ME isn't completely disabled as SGX extensions work with it), and Intel knows it and that's why they charge the same, exactly the same reasoning with the disabled iGPU, but still, this should be reported accurately because, depending on the deployment environment, these two CPU's may not be interchangeable aside from the iGPU, as the article suggests.

As a side note, I don't recall them having a 130w thermal solution recommendation up there a few weeks ago, for either CPU. When will they update the CPU's TDP to something more realistic than 95w?
I mean it's Tom's, they're basically The Sun of the tech press, really can't expect too much.

- 4930K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus X79-Deluxe
- MSi 980 Ti Gaming @ 1500/8000
- 4x4 GB Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz
- 2x 850 Pro 2TB
- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850W
- Phanteks Enthoo Primo
- Custom watercooling (420+360+240)
- XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS