Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - 2080 Ti - Working Shunt Mod

View Single Post
post #117 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 PM
Cyber Locc
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 114 (Unique: 79)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I think hitting the power limit causes very very short declocks to very low speeds. When it triggers it goes to 300 MHz for xx microseconds, or something similar, so we see these randomly timed stops averaged into our normal max clocks. This causes the reported clock rate to fluctuate down but that does not tell us anything about the real min clock that would allow it to never throttle.

Also, Nvidia has done a pretty amazing job at keeping power down without hurting performance very much. Increasing the max clock keeps increasing performance, even when the card is already triggering the power limit. I like steady clocks but it looks like opening up the power a lot is usually worth less than a +50 MHz OC, unless you have an unusually power heavy load. On battery or heat constrained I think this throttling tech would actually be very good.

I am not sure about your auto-decreasing power limit, I never saw that with my FE 2080 Ti.

Looks like im overreacting anyway, that 7702 would have landed me in the top 60 of Timespy Extreme, if not for the crap Haswell E CPU. We will fix that, RVIEO and I9 9940x on the way

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________