Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Intel] Introducing the all-new Intel Graphics Command Center.

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 AM
Blameless
Iconoclast

Rep: 3134 (Unique: 1869)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
I hear ya! It sucks that a company released an improved interface for free for products you don't own or use.
If it doesn't actually do anything better, it's hardly an improvement.

Personally, the more lightweight and austere the interface, the more I like it. I'll tolerate flash, but only if the aesthetic doesn't get in the way of functionality, or I have no choice.

Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
The game launcher is the only concrete difference I have seen so far.
Yeah, that's what it looked like to me. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
Surely you must realize by now that you are part of an infinitesimally small minority of people at this point? I don't have hard numbers to go by, but I would be surprised if there were more than 5-10% of the adult population in the US currently that don't utilize either an Apple or Google account, especially with the advent of the Universal Access program.

Of course people are free to live their lives however they like, but I just can't imagine that some nebulous sense of privacy (the very concept of which IMO is rather dubious to begin with in today's day and age) is at all worth the clear and significant inconvenience inherent in forgoing a modern smartphone (among other things). Just seems like you are missing out on a whole heck of a lot more benefits than you are gaining...
I realize I am in an extreme minority, but I do not feel inconvenienced by not owning a smartphone.

Not having any ID, now that's occasionally inconvenient...but more than worth it just for the comical interactions it produces in the modern surveillance states and 'papers please' societies I have to interact with that would have seemed like some Soviet dystopia barely 30 years ago.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson