Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Intel] Introducing the all-new Intel Graphics Command Center.

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Brutuz
Z-80 > i9

Rep: 568 (Unique: 398)
Quote: Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I've downloaded plenty of applications from the MS Store and don't personally take anyone seriously who dismisses software based only on where its hosted. We all happily utilize Apple's AppStore and Google's PlayStore, yet somehow any application on the MS Store is a complete deal breaker? Its just silly IMO...
The hate is valid, I literally have two games on it and nothing else (Both Forza Horizon games) and even I've had problems with it that were very common in the communities for those games around release day for the games or DLC...I remember when Fortune Island came out that the Forza subreddit and a few other choice areas were fille with people who preordered and preloaded the DLC having to redownload it because of an MS Store bug, likewise with the base game itself...Or the fact it was simply confusing to not only have the DLC itself download but the game recognise that you 1) have the DLC files there and 2) own a license for the DLC...And it didn't even really tell you anything about the download: It gives you a "xMB Downloaded of xxGB, x:xx remaining" style timer as is the norm but for a lot of users the latter filesize kept increasing (Which being the total amount of data to download, should be a set number I'd think) which also meant the time remaining would increase until it hit 100% and finished.

It's not unusable, but it's not great either as evidenced by the bulk of large game releases on it. And this is coming from someone who only uses Linux these days, so it should be pretty obvious I'm all for having a trusted, centralised repository of basically the vast majority of software you'd ever want.

Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
I suppose if i were using onboard graphic's I would care.
Did you completely miss the news that Intel is going to start releasing dGPUs next year? This is what it's for, because Intel's windows drivers have been average at best for years because that's all they really ever needed to be.

And for anyone whose not aware, Linux is also getting new Intel drivers for the exact same reason too.

CPU
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 Nano (1050/550)
RAM
4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300 2TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
Power Supply
eVGA Supernova P2 650w
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
Operating System
Arch Linux x86-64
Operating System
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition
Monitor
LG 29WK500-P (2560x1080, 75Hz, Freesync)
Monitor
BenQ G2020HD
Keyboard
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue
Mouse
SteelSeries Sensei Professional
Mouse
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
Audio
Samson Rubicon R6a