Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

View Single Post
post #9901 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 AM
deepor
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 474 (Unique: 320)
Quote: Originally Posted by PauliePeanuts View Post
@DarthFK or anyone else here paying attention to this thread... I no longer can get into my bios, and I am not sure why.. i click f2/del, but it just bypasses and goes right into windows... I read there is an option under settings to restart into UFEFI , but my windows doesn't have that option displayed.. no idea what to do..
Do you actually use UEFI boot or do you use "Legacy" = "BIOS" boot? If you don't use UEFI there's no such option to reboot into the UEFI/BIOS menus in Windows. You know that you use UEFI boot if you can see a 100MB sized partition with a text "EFI System" in the Disk Management tool in Windows.

If you do use UEFI, this kind of thing is caused by enabling a "fast boot" option somewhere in the UEFI/BIOS menus. At boot it will then not look for the keyboard and will instead go into Windows immediately. There should be a way to make the UEFI/BIOS boot with its default, slower mode where it will look for the keyboard. I don't know how to trigger this, but what I would try is disconnecting power for the whole PC for something like ten seconds.

If you do not use UEFI, then maybe your problem is that the UEFI/BIOS can't detect your keyboard at boot. Did you change something about that recently? Like, are you using a different keyboard? Or did you connect it to a different USB port? I've seen motherboards where only PS/2 keyboard were guaranteed to work, and USB keyboard were often problematic, especially gaming stuff with "n-key roll-over" over USB.

This keyboard problem idea could of course also hit you when using UEFI boot, so the keyboard not being detected is always something to think about.