Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Orca & Rucksack

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
J7SC
Invalid Media

Rep: 18 (Unique: 12)
[Build Log] Orca & Rucksack

Hello and welcome to the 'Orca & Rucksack' build log...

This project commenced back in November '18 as part of a series of builds - five in total. Some of the other builds were full servers or workstations. Even those were fun, even rummaging through boxes in our store room for things such as water cooling parts...

Also, some years ago, I did a fair amount of XOC overclocking (then put it all aside)...so once the workhorse projects were completed, I took an inventory of what was left over...5+ MPC655 pumps, 8 rads, tons of fittings, hoses and fans, in addition to a phase cooler, LN2 pots etc (neither of those used in the Orca/R build - yet).

So the Orca & Rucksack build took shape...After deciding on new purchases such as MSI MEG Creation X399 with 2950X TR, 32GB of TridentZ Samsung-B and 2x 2080 Ti water-cooled GPUs, the system was first running in its prototype format in late December '18. Unlike most other builds I have done, this is a full custom build, with a heavily modified Thermaltake Core P5 case (lots of drilling, cutting and Dremel tooling). The GPUs both have solid copper tubing (including 90 degree elbows). One of the most difficult challenges was to 'hide' the 5x XSPC 360/60 RX rads with a total of 20x 120mm fans, along with 4x pumps and make the look of the build different, fun and interesting.

Last edited by J7SC; 08-14-2019 at 07:47 PM.