Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [VC] ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor

View Single Post
post #3018 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Cyber Locc
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 113 (Unique: 78)
Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
acer just announced Predator CG437K P 43 inch 4k 144hz hdr 1000 nits but its a VA panel I have never used VA but the size is big enough to where I could consider it.

Deadchip already told ya, but figured I would add that is edge lit. Acer has been adding a few non Fald models to their lineup of 4k144hz, which is good for people on more of a budget, but its vastly inferior to the 27s with fald.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lockjaw333 View Post
I mean playing games in HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness. Does it ever get uncomfortable for you?

For example I play a lot of BF V. I'm imagining playing on a map like Narvik with the white snow blaring my eyeballs.
It can at times be bothersome, after a long day in a dark room its rather bright.

You can adjust the HDR brightness, is the answer I think you were mostly wanting however. Im not sure about in windows, but the monitors menu has a setting for HDR max Brightness, not only can you decrease it, you can also increase it.

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________