Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club

View Single Post
post #17941 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:41 PM
terrorindeed
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by terrorindeed View Post
Hey everyone, so all of a sudden I’m having an issue with my AIO Aorus Extreme Waterforce 1080ti.

I bought it in October 2017, out of the box stock clocks sustained at 2025mhz and temperatures were at 46C. What a great card, right ? After some testing I settled with 2063mhz on the core and no memory increase.

Fast forward to the other day, the card began crashing in Star Wars Battlefront II and Call of Dury WW II, so I removed the OC and began testing stock clocks again.

The card now only boosts to 1898-1924mhz and the temperatures are 58C.

What the heck ?
When's the last time you cleaned the dust and dirt out of the radiator? And check the fan on it and see if it's still spinning.
Quote: Originally Posted by RoBiK View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by terrorindeed View Post
Hey everyone, so all of a sudden I’m having an issue with my AIO Aorus Extreme Waterforce 1080ti.

I bought it in October 2017, out of the box stock clocks sustained at 2025mhz and temperatures were at 46C. What a great card, right ? After some testing I settled with 2063mhz on the core and no memory increase.

Fast forward to the other day, the card began crashing in Star Wars Battlefront II and Call of Dury WW II, so I removed the OC and began testing stock clocks again.

The card now only boosts to 1898-1924mhz and the temperatures are 58C.

What the heck ?
Maybe the pump or the radiator fan died.
I literally just took it apart and cleaned the rad a few week ago. Just checked it and it’s mint. The fan is spinning as normal as can be. I added another 120mm fan today to see if that would help, but sadly , the temps aren’t improving.

Is there anyway to check the pump speed ? The fan is spinning just fine. I’m thinking it’s the pump on the way out, slowly dying.

i7 8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.355V
KRAKEN X62 V2
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WIFI AC bios 0802
GIGABYTE AORUS 1080ti Waterforce EXTREME
32 GB CORSAIR VENEGANCE LPX CL 16 3000mhz DDR4
120 GB ADATA
4TB SAMSUNG EVO SSD
EVGA 850W P2

Last edited by terrorindeed; 04-14-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Not responded in the right order of quotes