Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

View Single Post
post #109473 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:56 AM
Questors
Watercooler

Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinnacle Fit View Post
Hello all, I’m rebuilding my loop. I’m working out of a caselabs S3, and just bought a black ice nemesis GTX 360 and GTR 240.

I need advice on fans. I’m looking at the noctua NF-F12 but I noticed that NF-P12 redux 1700s are about $10 cheaper, even after buying the anti vibration mounts.

Does anyone have experience with both of these? Is there a remarkable difference in noise and performance that would warrant an additional $10 per fan?

Also given that these are both Static pressure optimized fans, do you see a huge impact from push pull vs just push or pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fans - The age old wonder of PC cooling. Noctua fans are great fans and top notch quality regardless of version. There are other fans out there that are arguably as good.

I have been running Gentle Typhoons for years. I have had ONE go bad in that time. It still works, but it's wobbly and the outer edge of the blades strike the face of radiator as it wobbles. It's now a case fan pushing air in until it gives out forever.

Before the links to vendors and maker sites, here is some information you may want to look at. It covers push vs push/pull and other curiosity about fans and water cooling/radiators.

Martins Liquid Lab

More recent: Extreme Rigs, Choose - Reviews > Radiators > any radiator. There are extensive charts and comparisons to do with tested radiator.

Places to get fans:
ModMyMods GTs

Cooler Guys GTs 3 Pin & PWM

PPCS Darkside GTs 3 Pin & PWM

You can't forget EKWBs entry into radiator purposed fans, the Vardar.
Mainframe Customs Vardar 120mm - 140mm model also available. Also can be purchased at PPCS.

Noiseblocker:
Noiseblocker Eloop

Possibly the best ball bearing low priced PWM fan you can put on a radiator is the Akasa Piranha 120 PWM fans.
PPCS Piranha PWM

Corsair appears to have a nice line of fans now too.

I have to say though, when it comes down to it, my first choice is Gentle Typhoon, second choice is Vardar and third choice is Piranha.

Expansionist
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Motherboard
EVGA X99 FTW K
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z