Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Performance Enhancer Lv3/Lv4 doubt

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 PM
nick name
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post
You can overclock statically and run C-states with Balanced power plan. Instead of single core jumps (which are usless while in game) the entire thread count hits desired multiplier and at idle throttles the cpu.

So yea, he doesn't have it wrong....
If you run PBO on auto.... that's "Auto overclocking" ALL cores.
Core performance boost increase clocks of individual core/thread and generally only activates a single core/thread during the overclock.

AND my point being even with a manual overclock with a locked clock and voltage would still use very little energy at idle. The Green power savings is really a funny feature. I have no idea why overclockers ever shut it off......??
Remember he's running a B450 not a CHVII like yourself....

If you use PBO and CPB, you are not overclocking anything, the board and cpu are doing it for you.......

This is static overclocking.
I'm trying to figure out why people really think they are overclocking while utilizing the features of SenseMi. lol.
Nobody mentioned SenseMi. And do you know what ASUS' Performance Enhancer Level 3 and 4 actually do? And while his B450 probably doesn't have the VRMs to run as well as my board that truth would also apply to any manual overclock he wished to set.

Performance Enhancer Level 3 and 4 allows for the CPU to behave as if he had set a static overclock for all cores while maintaining the capability of his CPU clocking fewer and single core loads even faster. It's really the best of both worlds. It will give him the performance of a standard overclock on all core loads without losing the higher speeds he could achieve with fewer and single core workloads.

Also, leaving PBO on Auto means auto overclocking? A CPU behaving within spec by definition isn't overclocking.

Learn what you're talking about before laughing at others that have countless hours invested into both the CPU and features they are speaking about.

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/3 Corsair SP120L and 3 Noctua NF-F12 3000 fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-15-14-14-30  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case