So, I finally installed the Kraken G12 / X42
on my EVGA 2080 FTW3
Here is the detailed process / pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/KlxVdt4
- I was able to keep the back and front (inner) plates.
- Due to the front plate there's a small gap between the bracket and the card, but tests proved there's enough contact, so not a problem.
- Due to lower temps OC is now stable at 2190/2175Mhz on benchmarks.
- Max bench temps dropped @ 15C, but on a way silent card now.
- This also proved FTW3 stock cooler is pretty good.
Any questions let me know
Turns out my OC curve was not 100% stable. While it passed Superposition runs, I noted occasional artifacts on 3 scenes of Heaven Benchmark doing 1 hour runs, which I do not consider stable.
But because I also improved my temps changing the GPU radiator to push exhaust (was intake before), even with an one step lower OC curve, core clocks stayed stable at 2175 Mhz with 2190 peak, and I was also able to bump memory OC to 8250 Mhz, which resulted on a even better Superposition score =)
Gallery is updated with this.
» Intel i7 8700K delided 5Ghz | » EVGA CLC 280 watercooler | » Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | » G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3400Mhz CL16
» EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra OC: 2175/8250 @ Kraken G12/x42 | » Dell S2716DG 27' 144Hz G-Sync (DP) + LG 49UJ6525 4K [email protected] (HDMI)
» Sentey 80 Plus Gold 1000W | » Thermaltake Core x71 TG | » Windows 10 Pro 1709 build 16299.1059
Last edited by fleps; 05-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.