Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Asus: 30 Years Together, Giveaway April 29 - June 10 2019

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:22 AM
LancerVI
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 150 (Unique: 112)
Been an Asus user for years. All of my motherboards, routers, my first android tablet and several cell phones have all been Asus. If I'm honest, I'm a bit of an Asus loyalist.

One of the main reasons was when I bought an Asus motherboard in 2000 that constantly blue screened on me. This was the infamous Intel MTH failure/recall. I contacted Asus for a replacement on a Friday. Monday morning, the board replacement was delivered. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't even sent that bad board back yet.

A few years later on another board, with an Athlon Thunderbird , I think, suffered from severe whine. It was high pitched and annoying, even at idle. As you loaded it up, it got louder and more high pitched. It was like nails on a chalkboard. Same thing as my first experience. Reported it and two days later, had a replacement board delivered, again without even shipping out the bad board. I've been an Asus loyalist ever since.

Typically, when I build, I never have any trouble with their products, but when I do, they've always taken care of me and quickly.

Happy Anniversary Asus! Now give me a prize!!!!