Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [HP] Omen X Emperium 65" HDR G-Sync 144 Hz Gaming Monitor

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:45 PM
animeowns
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Me too, but I would happily pay $5000 for a 4K120 G-sync OLED monitor.

However, competing with LG's C9 at that price would mean volume would be too low to bother making it.

BTW, Nvidia does not support any HDMI VRR at the moment. I very much hope this will change in the future but no guarente.
so far I think the best bet we have for a 55 inch oled monitor with hdmi 2.1 and dp 1.4 is the dell alienware monitor I notice most displays I have gamed on I really have no need for gsync/freesync as long its on a high refresh rate panel and getting 60+ fps
Dell confirms that the monitor will be equipped with DisplayPort 1.4 as well as HDMI 2.1 that allows it to accept video inputs of up to 4K resolutions at 120 Hz. It also supports variable refresh rate (VRR) but it is not clear if it will support FreeSync, too Dell expects to launch the 55-inch Alienware OLED monitor in the second half of the year. The company did not comment on pricing but it will have to be competitive if Dell wants to compete with TV manufacturers.

Last edited by animeowns; 05-16-2019 at 12:12 AM.