Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [HP] Omen X Emperium 65" HDR G-Sync 144 Hz Gaming Monitor

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:31 AM
animeowns
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
That will probably be very nice, and DP 1.4 is very attractive. I hope it will also have the Portrait Displays calibration the 2019 LG OLEDs have. The builtin pattern generator and full DCC control was amazing. After calibration I have a true BT.709 with colorchecker dE all below 1, with max grayscale error at 0.5. I have never had such perfect gamma and color accuracy.

The C9 is already a very nice display after full calibration and I was too impatient to wait for Dell. After their first 30" 120Hz OLED that never happened I also don't trust their timelines very much. It will probably be very expensive too and without G-sync I wouldn't be willing to pay too much more than the C9. A high end GPU with full HDMI 2.1 is probably not too far away but I will miss that DP 1.4.

I agree that the refresh rate is more important than the VRR, or at least that with 120Hz VRR is less important. However, VRR is still a big plus.
I am trying to be patient to see what other panels are coming out but I think my absolute limit will be august on waiting for this alienware 55 inch oled. If its not released by then I will just pick up a C9 55 inch for my birthday