Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [HP] Omen X Emperium 65" HDR G-Sync 144 Hz Gaming Monitor

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Asmodian
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 182 (Unique: 121)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
With a Gsync module monitor I've actually had more issues than with those without one.
Any examples? My experiance with G-sync has been flawless after the early updates.

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Why bother with proprietary software and tools to calibrate LG TVs, I thought it's automated but no it's more of a cooperation with calibration software/hardware company.
You need a meter of some kind, of course, unless you expected the TV to come with it? CalMAN supports almost any meter you want too, no need to buy one from them. LG is also using a standard DCC interface so any software can support it if they want to, it is not a restrictive solution. Portrait Displays has built specific workflows and support for the TV and its pattern generator but it is not proprietary by design. Did you expect to just plug any meter into the TV or something? I am confused what you are complaining about here.

I suppose LG could have provided simple calibration software with the display, like some other high end professional monitors do. CalMAN is so much better than those are, and as someone who already owned CalMAN 2019 I was pretty happy with this solution, but I do see your point.

Last edited by Asmodian; 05-16-2019 at 04:38 PM.