Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - What is the coating on G900's mouse wheel?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
[email protected]
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Shouldn't happen. My day 1 now broken g900 never had that happen. Some materials or exposure conditions may degrade the coating, but no idea which. You need to RMA the mouse, because the notches on the coating are what triggers the mouse wheel.
That's the thing, I can't RMA it anymore. It was bought over 2 years ago and Logitech warranty is now only 2 years. Sigh~
My original G900 which I'm still using on one computer is still working great. This one been sitting in original sealed box for 2 years, in a dry and cool room, not exposed to direct sunlight or anything and wheel is all messed up. If this is normal rubber degradation, how do they not have this problem in retail stores or warehouse lol.
I tried a little bit 70% rubbing alcohol, seems less sticky but still sticky nonetheless. Maybe need 90%+?....
Does Logitech offer repair service if I pay for it?

overclocking is a full-time job.

mouse search is finally over. \o/

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke