Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - What is the coating on G900's mouse wheel?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Falkentyne
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 385 (Unique: 275)
Quote: Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That's the thing, I can't RMA it anymore. It was bought over 2 years ago and Logitech warranty is now only 2 years. Sigh~
My original G900 which I'm still using on one computer is still working great. This one been sitting in original sealed box for 2 years, in a dry and cool room, not exposed to direct sunlight or anything and wheel is all messed up. If this is normal rubber degradation, how do they not have this problem in retail stores or warehouse lol.
I tried a little bit 70% rubbing alcohol, seems less sticky but still sticky nonetheless. Maybe need 90%+?....
Does Logitech offer repair service if I pay for it?
91% works well. Try it and take your time. If you can remove all of the stickiness, if the grooves are still in the wheel and identical to your old one, the wheel should work.
For all the hate the G502 "brick" got, its metal wheel never, ever wore out.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM