Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] - X58 Xeon Club -

View Single Post
post #14647 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:10 PM
Gruncle
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by 99belle99 View Post
I don't own that game but I have been playing games with 5660 for a few years now and never had any issue like the one you describe.

I don't think the issue is from only running at 3.8 but there is something not right if you cannot get 4.2GHz tbh. You should really look into that as it may or may not be the issue but worth looking into. I can run 4.6GHz but I do not bother to daily like that as I have no need for it and I have been running 4.2GHz for a few years now.
Well, I wasn't going to even broach it, but maybe a quick look at my settings will see my error(s)? I mean, it benches fine for 12+ hours, but windows has...quirks. Explorer sometimes takes forever to show the contents of a folder--this doesn't happen at 3.8Ghz. I have a gigabyte UD3R rev2. Added an NVMe but ran into corruptions whenever I added an SSD. Found exactly 1 mention of it online. From all my reading I wish I'd gone for the sabertooth as it doesn't have this (random) problem.

Xeon X5660. 2 sticks of Corsair Value Ram PC3-10700 (CM8GX3M1A1333C9)

BCLK....................200Mhz
multiplier...............21
QPI......................x36
unCore clock..........x12
SPD......................6

PCI Express...........100Mhz

DDR Voltage...........1.5V
QPI Voltage---------1.175V

Load line level 2
CPU Vcore..............1.30625
QPI/Vtt..................1.315
CPU PLL..................1.860

PCIe.......................1.5V
IOH Core..................1.160

Anything look terribly amiss? I know I had to keep upping voltages to get to where I am now. It kept failing stress tests after about 6 hours.