Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Airflow

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:38 AM
doyll
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1645 (Unique: 922)
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_Azrael View Post
With all that said, it still doesn't make too much sense that the GPU gets so hot.

Guess I'll buy my next GPU with water cooling integrated.

Have you checked GPU (not PSU TIM) cooler to make sure it is not full of lint and dust?

Removing GPU cooler is not a big deal. Usually it's held on with 4 screws on back of GPU PCB. Once off clean all TIM out. I cut a paper towel into about 2" squares and have waste basked lined with a plastic bag close to put used squares into, wipe off what I can, then use alcohol for most of my cleaning. Reason for small squares of towel with waste basket close by is TIM like to jump onto other things. I'm sure it can easily jump 3 feet. Once everything is clean, do a practice mounting of cooler, and once that goes smoothly apply a little TIM and put it back together.

Here is link to basic guide to taking off and re-assembling GPU:
https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/optim...w-33764-2.html

But be warned, some companies get nasty about warranty issues if user has removed cooler, cleaned and applied new TIM.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Last edited by doyll; 06-07-2019 at 06:43 AM.