Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Airflow

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 AM
doyll
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_Azrael View Post
I have the Gigabyte 1080ti Aorus Extreme
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Ca...ORUS-X-11GD#kf

Fans were fairly dusty but I wouldn't say it was anything extreme.

Only strange thing I've noticed was there was some sort of....sticky dust on the backplate around the gold heat spreader.

I've cleared most of it but you can notice the area had something, like the color of the backplate in that area was sort of darker?

I can take a picture when I get home if needed.
Gigabyte is one of the turds that say doing anything to GPU voids warranty. Really anal with their warranty .. not to mention claims of PWM fan headers that were 3-pin function and no PWM signal on pin-4 .. which may have been PWM pulses on power pin, but not what industry considers PWM like a PWM fan with fan controlling power pulses by reading pin-4 signal.

No need to take pics. Realy hard to tell what is inside of it's shroud/cover. Did you blow air inside of shroud to clean fins? Like put noozle in between GPU PCB and shroud so it blows reverse direction of what fans flow air into them. This often blows out hair and fuzzy stuff that collects on fins and stops/restricts airflow into them.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base