Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Sffpc build recommendation for rendering

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
kevindd992002
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 85 (Unique: 67)
Sorry for the double post here. I initially posted this in the AMD General section but since I really don't know which to choose between Intel and AMD, I figured reposting it here inatead. Mods, feel feel to delete my thread in the AMD General section if necessary.

I'm new to building sffpc's and my Sister asked me to build one for her as she will be using it for a bit of a rendering as she's an interior designer. She uses apps like these ones:

Sketchup, Autocad, 3dsmax, Adobe suite

Can you recommend some bang-for-the-buck parts that I can get for this? I'm from the Philippines so choices will be limited for sure.

All I have in mind now is the Phanteks Evolv Shift for the case. She wants something thin that can be used vertically and horizontally. And she wants a bit of a not gaming look style, so I find the Shift (and she liked it too) perfect. Any negatives on the Shift that I should know about?

So I'd definitely need some recommendations on CPU, RAM, MoBo, HDD, nVME SSD, GPU, and monitor. She wants a true color monitor so I figured a Mac IPS monitor would suit her but I don't know anything about Macs.

All parts that I know are for gaming so I'm really new to this field. Please help and thanks in advance.

My Rig
(14 items)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW TridentZ Series
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS Drive)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
SeaSonic Platinum-760 (SS-760XP) Power Supply
Cooling
Custom Watercooling Loop
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Dell S2716DG Gaming Monitor
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3
Mouse
Roccat Savu
Mousepad
Steelseries Qck
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by kevindd992002; 06-08-2019 at 09:05 PM.