Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Help me make up my mind regarding AM4 air cooler

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:01 AM
AlphaC
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
Thanks for the input! All Noctua coolers except for U12A require separate AM4 mounting kits but those kits are readily available in retail, cost $5 and I've included their cost in the listed prices.
Regarding the staggered heat pipes - is that a good or a bad thing?
Also is it worth getting D15S over U14S purely for performance in your opinion? Or is the difference too small to even bother considering it?

Thanks for the input. Height is not an issue since all of those are below 170mm tall. Sadly, LGMRT is completely out of stock now so why is your money on U12A?

Depends on how high you are overclocking , I can tell you for a fact that True Spirit 140 Power and NH-U14S both can handle a Ryzen 7 2700X / Ryzen 7 1700X overclocked , even more so if you're not using AVX instructions to encode or whatnot.

NH-U14S heatpipes being staggered means that the airflow around the heatpipes isn't in the wake of other heatpipes so the dissipation is a bit higher than if they're in a line. The design also means that heat spreads across some more of the fin area.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list