Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [PCGamesN] Nvidia says it has offered anti-lag settings like AMD’s for “more than a decade”

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:05 PM
skupples
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 589 (Unique: 329)
the demo they give reminds of exactly what I can do while tweaking my monitor -

ALSO if you actually read that article, specially the conclusion. NV says "yeah, lag happens"
-------------------
Try as you might, some form of lag is always going to occur in PC gaming. Unless you have a megabuck machine and a perfect connection to the best game servers available, one or more of the forms of lag above will hit you from time to time. The trick is to understand what's causing your particular flavor of lag, and put the right solution into effect.

So the next time the cry "Lag!!!" goes up while you're playing a game, just remember that such a simple word has a whole bunch of complex causes. And remember, lag is also the perfect excuse if your aim is off
-------------------
nv chalks up lag complaints to git gud, references it as a counter to AMD's stuff, cuz they know no one reads more than a paragraph.

things lagging? turn down your settings, and turn of V-sync - NV options.

don't take my word for it though, i've only not purchased AMD since 6xxx, n even then I only got a single slot hold-over.

also -

out of date data in provided info for rebuttal

https://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html ?(MONETIZED WINDOWS OPTIMIZATION GUIDE FROM A THIRD PARTY!!!!)

its not free, and there isn't a win10, or 8.1 version...

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited by skupples; 06-12-2019 at 06:10 PM.