Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Hawaii Bios Editing ( 290 / 290X / 295X2 / 390 / 390X )

View Single Post
post #4253 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Mister Floppy
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon720 View Post
Have you tried the other outputs? Do the 390x bios your using have the lower memory timings?
Quote: Originally Posted by generaleramon View Post
do you have another PSU/PC to the card with? A friend of mine had a lot of stability problems with his 390X and it was the PSU, that might explain the fact that you are solving the problem by setting the Power Target to -50%

v4, TDP Max, Power Limit and TDC Limit all set to 50% in the Bios. VDDCI back to 1000mv, VRM Frequency back to stock. GPU Clock 2 back to stock, tuned the fan profile
Quote: Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
I think we might need some more information here. What resolution and refresh rate are you running on your screen? It could just be a problem of a bad/defective monitor cable causing your monitor to lose signal and not the card it's self or the overclock.

First at all: Thank you for your help and suggestions, guys!

The resolution is 1920x1080 and the refresh rate 60 Hz.

But I don't think it's just a matter of the monitor loosing signal, because the black screens are from that kind which are freezing the whole system, I even can't ping it from another PC, only way to shut it down is by holding the Power Button down for several seconds...

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare PSU/PC to test the GPU with.

I will try generaleramons newest mod and report back. Stay tuned :-)