Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Windows 7 vs Windows 10??

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:05 PM
Blameless
Iconoclast

Rep: 3135 (Unique: 1869)
Quote: Originally Posted by 8051 View Post
Doesn't that severely limit the amount of physical memory you can use?
I haven't used it outside of a few VMs and an old Netbook in more than a decade because it's quite obsolete for many of my uses. 32-bit, limit of two logical processors, 4GiB of memory without PAE, hasn't been updated in years, etc.

My point was that, as far as I am concerned, the usability of Windows peaked with 2k, and everything after it hasn't felt like an upgrade, just things I grudgingly tolerate when an new version becomes a necessity. More recent versions of Windows go far beyond what I find it reasonable for the OS to do...the whole Windows as an experience, and later as a service, are exactly the opposite directions I would have wanted to go.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson