Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Is it time to upgrade my i5 3570k?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
ais29d
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Is it time to upgrade my i5 3570k?

I've had my i5 3570k for quite a while now (since about 2013) and I've had little to no issues with the processor until 2019. I've been experiencing frame drops and stutters doing pretty much anything including just watching videos on youtube. If I'm playing a game and using discord, my audio output or microphone input on discord tends to cut in and out. For the majority of the CPUs lifespan I've had it OC'd at 4.2GHz but I've had it on stock as of late because I thought I may have messed up while overlocking? Still having the same issues though. Every single game I've been playing recently has been stuttering and sometimes just completely freezing to the point that I have to shut off my computer. I mostly play DayZ, PUBG, Path of Exile and Insurgency Sandstorm all at 1080p and have so far been having issues in all of these games. (Surprisingly DayZ runs the best lol) If anyone can help me figure this thing out it would be greatly appreciated. I know it's an old CPU and I should probably upgrade to a 9600k or 9700k soon but, I'm trying to stretch this CPU out as long as it may last.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My PC.png
Views:	5
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	276042  

Click image for larger version

Name:	My CPU.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	276044