Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

View Single Post
post #109682 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:00 PM
DiGiCiDAL
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 143 (Unique: 106)
Quote: Originally Posted by rolandos582 View Post
Hmm I see, yeah my ''gaming room'' is terrible. There's only 1 straight wall and that's directly behind my studio monitors/monitors. The rest of the walls are all tilted. Welcome to the attic ;(
I'm always wondering if foam/absorbers etc will do any benefits. I guess it could. Got any pictures of your setup?

Actually non-parallel surfaces are the best... since they delay reflections enough that your brain can easily filter them out. If you over-damp the room it will sound dead and weird (like cheaper headphones often do). You can always get a cheap curtain - the heavier the better - and hang it on a reflective wall... or an area rug will work too. I usually walk around the room clapping after adding absorption... if it rings, needs more absorption... if it sounds like your hands got really small or far away - you put too much.

I realized looking at those that the ones in the office are 2'x3' not 2'x4' - the ones in the theater are 2x4. Oops.

I don't have a picture of the full set, but I have some previous ones of my home office where I used the same absorbers (last picture was during leak-test... but shows where I added one of the other panels ( finally went with three behind desk and one on the close side wall, two on ceiling, and two on opposing wall):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	276444  

Name:	IMG_0067.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	276446  

Name:	D75_0220.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	700.3 KB
ID:	276448  

Last edited by DiGiCiDAL; 06-25-2019 at 08:10 PM.