Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

View Single Post
post #5955 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 AM
sngbird
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
They shouldn't because you shouldn't hear anything through optical out if you don't check "Play stereo mix to digital output". If you are using optical out and hearing sound without checking that box then something is amiss....
I don't know how and why but yes, for example, eq makes a big difference in my sounds through optical connection and this option are still disabled, see in the video.

Quote: Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post
Are you sure your default audio device is still "speakers" and not the optical out? Every time I install the drivers, I need to check that for sound to go out over optical unless the SPDIF optical out is the default audio device.

The SBX Studio effects are only on the "speakers" device. The SPDIF optical out device is a 2-channel only without any effects.

There must be an internal routing from the "speakers" device to the "optical" device to get the SBX effects to go out over the optical port. That's what that option does.
See

// Windows 10 Pro // Sharkoon TG5 // Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 3 // Ryzen 5 1600 // Cooler Master HYPER H410R // 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport AT // Crucial BX500 240GB // WD Blue 1TB // Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB // Creative Sound Blaster Z // AKG K240 MKII // Sony Pulse Elite Edition // Samsung HT-C550 // Corsair CX650M // Logitech G213 Prodigy // Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury // Acer VA270H //

Last edited by sngbird; 06-26-2019 at 07:28 AM.