Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

View Single Post
post #109683 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 AM
rolandos582
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post
Actually non-parallel surfaces are the best... since they delay reflections enough that your brain can easily filter them out. If you over-damp the room it will sound dead and weird (like cheaper headphones often do). You can always get a cheap curtain - the heavier the better - and hang it on a reflective wall... or an area rug will work too. I usually walk around the room clapping after adding absorption... if it rings, needs more absorption... if it sounds like your hands got really small or far away - you put too much.

I realized looking at those that the ones in the office are 2'x3' not 2'x4' - the ones in the theater are 2x4. Oops.

I don't have a picture of the full set, but I have some previous ones of my home office where I used the same absorbers (last picture was during leak-test... but shows where I added one of the other panels ( finally went with three behind desk and one on the close side wall, two on ceiling, and two on opposing wall):
Hahaha pretty big man! I might put some of myself.

Is anyone of you using demciflex filters here? I use them for my SMA8 but on the bottom radiator the fans are hitting the filter. On higher fan speeds it gets pretty annoying. Anyone has a solution for this? I can't really think of anything. If you spread out the filter really good, it's fine. But it moves and get's lose so over time it will hit the fan again.