Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

View Single Post
post #41956 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:25 AM
mvmiller12
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Takla View Post
ok

Why windows balanced over ryzen balanced? the only difference I can see is that ryzen balanced has a minimum cpu state of 0% while windows has it at 5%
Not that it would really do something with a fixed constant voltage to begin with.

And on the offset, I'm pretty sure that I tested it earlier and the voltage would still act the same just like when setting a constant voltage and this is why I sticked with the latter for now. But I'm gonna check again now, just to make sure.
The Ryzen Balanced plan was released by AMD as a work around for Windows scheduler issues back in the tail-end of the Ryzen 1000 series era. Sometime during the 2000 series run, the Windows Scheduler issue was fixed. The Ryzen Balanced plan can impede the Windows Scheduler fixes, and AMD has stated on their forum (don't have a link, sorry) that no one should be using it anymore with the newer releases of Windows 10. The newer releases of the AMD chipset drivers (at least, the releases from the AMD website - OEMs may vary) don't even HAVE that profile anymore.

My PC
(23 items)
CPU
Ryzen R7 2700x
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VI Extreme
GPU
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM
Corsair CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 DDR4-3600 RAM
Hard Drive
Hitachi 7200RPM 3.5" HDD
Hard Drive
Western Digital NVMe SSD (2280)
Optical Drive
Lite-On Blu Ray Burner
Power Supply
Antec TruePower
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2 270 Pump/Res
Cooling
Koolance CPU-390C-A CPU Cooler
Cooling
Barrow Vega Reference GPU Cooler (RGB)
Cooling
2x Black Ice Nemesis 420mm Slim Radiators
Cooling
6x Corsair ML-140 Fans (No RGB)
Cooling
1x Corsair SP-120 Fan (RGB)
Cooling
Corsair Commander Pro
Case
CoolerMaster Cosmo C700P
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell P2418D 24" 1440p Monitor
Monitor
LG 37" LCD TV (720P)
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB
Mouse
Corsair M65 Pro
Mousepad
Corsair
Audio
Auzentech HD HomeTheater PCIe (Creative X-Fi)
▲ hide details ▲