Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking & Discussion Thread

View Single Post
post #243 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:24 AM
wisepds
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
Are you using BIOs or Ryzen Master? I've been trying to figure out how to control the voltages with BIOs, it doesn't work.

But anyways, use this method for now: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...mmend_massive/

I'm waiting for others to start OC so we can discuss controlling VID voltages. Haven't seen anyone talk much about CCX OC here yet.

With this method, I have accomplished the following:

Ryzen Master - All VID voltages controlled to be below 1.325, no thermal warnings happen.
CCX0 4425
CCX1 4425
CCX2 4475
CCX3 4475

der8auer's OC tool - VID voltages spike to 1.38v-1.48v, thermal warnings happen and PC shuts off
CCX0 4425
CCX1 4425
CCX2 4450
CCX3 4450

My scores with der8auer's OC tool is actually higher because Ryzen Master sucks up resources. But Ryzen Master lets me run 4475 because it controls the VID voltages!

I CAN'T GET THE BIOS TO CONTROL THE VID VOLTAGES LIKE RYZEN MASTER DOES!

Hopefully someone here can figure it out. We'll get really nice OCs soon. We need to Overclock and Undervolt the best that we can to maximize boost because if we don't, thermal throttling occurs and these chips heat up quite rapidly due to the way they are designed.
Thanks! But i want to do Overclock from the bios, not on windows. What temps have you under load? I think tha 4,6 values that Amd claims is a real fake, my ryzen 3900X doesn't get that speed...i feel cheated..