Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

View Single Post
post #5963 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:02 AM
umeng2002
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 170 (Unique: 106)
Quote: Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
That would be via optical right? Can you share how you have your SBZ software configured as sometimes I can get lost and not get audio, what I have noticed is that the volume is is now determined under "What you hear" and DD-Live Encoder is needed for audio even on 2.0 / 2.1 mode ?
My setup is for headphones, so Windows is on default 5.1 configuration (so games and other software sends surround data to the card); but the SBz control panel is set to Headphones (so the surround data gets HRTF processed for headphone surround when enabled). Also, the "Play stereo mix to digital output" is checked under the Advanced Features panel.

For speakers, you don't need the encoder for stereo. But for surround speakers, you need to use an encoder since SPDIF is stereo only. "What you here" isn't needed for anything unless you want to record stuff... Maybe the encoders work off of the "what you here" feed, but I'm not sure.

If you use the encoder, you can't have your Mic App access disabled in the Windows 10 settings. I'm not sure if that "bug" ever got fixed, but last time I tried it, you couldn't globally disable mic access to Apps in Win 10.

CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Prime X470-Pro
GPU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra
RAM
TeamGroup T-Force 16 GB (2x8) Pro Dark (B-die TDPGD416G3200HC14ADC01)
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum SSR-750PX
Cooling
Corsair H80i (not V2 or GT)
Monitor
LG 34UC80-B
Keyboard
Logitech G413
Mouse
Logitech G503 RGB