Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - iARDAs' Games Giveaway Thread...

View Single Post
post #1404 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 PM
JackCY
Overclocker

Rep: 338 (Unique: 240)
So many games in there that I will probably never want to play. But if someone likes those games... it's probably cheaper to as a subscription if you binge than to buy many of them.

M&M7 is there LOL, surprised it still runs on PC today. Play that The other M&Ms were sometimes harder, longer or later ones had pretty graphics but lacked a good story. The M&M7 was probably best and you can play it twice due to how the story goes with your choices.

Corporations love subscriptions because it gives them a big relatively stable stream of income. For some services it may be worth it if the offerings are good for what you pay but often it's not, that's the problem.

---

As expected from reviews, This war of mine is pretty depressing game, there is no tutorial or hints even at very beginning and the GUI isn't exactly very free, it's all rather predefined and fixed in what you can do, I only found out too late that characters can talk to each other, feed each other etc.
Game also hates to alt+tab and one needs to task manager kill it without seeing the task manager, fun stuff. It also was confused as to what game data/saves to use cloud or local while it was saving to cloud and none locally, heh, why ask then on launch all the time.

There is no difficulty and some of the game actions are pretty penalizing. You can't take multiple scavengers, I didn't find any larger backpacks, you kill a few people in self defense after checking their loot and you need a psychiatric stay, etc. It's like playing with paper characters and gets old quite fast.
I prefer old school Fallout style, do what you want, get penalized (bad perks, bad reputation, what ever) but not killed for it, you want to clean out a town you can if you've got the skill, you want to rob people all day you can, you want to trade and do missions, you can. It's a huge difference compared to how modern games are so ridig and simplistic with little to no player freedom.

The list of games on Epic is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...es_Store_games
You can often see in advance.

---

Apparently the ALT+TAB issue of This war of mine is an issue since the game launched and was never fixed even after so many years.

Last edited by JackCY; 07-26-2019 at 10:31 AM.