Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - iARDAs' Games Giveaway Thread...

View Single Post
post #1407 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 AM
JackCY
Overclocker

Rep: 337 (Unique: 240)
This war of mine: After knowing the game mechanics on 2nd try the game at start may be challenging but after getting the basics setup it turns to fairly easy to a point where once could sustain a small army with all the food and equipment one can get. Don't feed them every day, only every other day, the hunger statuses and probably even other have "2 unseen levels", this saves a lot of food and resources. When some of the group members are not well taken care of it will affect others and so you can quickly plummet into a deadly spiral, the opposite is also true when they are well taken care of and content they get a bonus for movement speed and others get content from seeing others content.

Trade is useful to get items without stealing or killing innocents (you can kill some without any penalty, army, thugs, not sure about rebels though but couple of those gave me a nice boost on guns for defense), electronic parts are hard to come by and pretty much impossible to buy, you don't need to make weapons other than for trade if you want to. My group in the later part of game has turned into a small private military, better equipped than what the army carries in there, food and meds so plenty I could donate some to hospital and neighbors. You may also get a 4th into group if you want. Smoking can help make some reach content state but other than that I put them on detox. The trading variations reported on radio are not really helpful, the price changes are not worth bothering with or hoarding/speculating something.

The game lacks depth beyond house keeping and scavenging. Barely guarded locations of 4-6 armed enemies you can clean out in one visit, all you need is a knife or axe to start with, due to time limit this is about the max you can usually do unless you want to rush in guns blazing and wasting ammo.
Once you have at least some firearms they don't steal anything at night or wound your group, it only costs you a bit of ammo which isn't hard to get since 1/3rd of locations are filled with armed thugs or army.

Winter fuel... hard to get enough? Not really, take an axe to any location and start chopping up furniture, plenty wood and fuel everywhere.

On some locations you can save people from thugs/army to get a content state, no other rewards. It's probably best not to kill the traders otherwise you limit influx of new items into the game that you could otherwise buy from them or steal from their boxes.

The beginning can be depressing especially first game not knowing the game mechanics and how limiting they are.