Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - 2500k finally giving out on me. Opinions on what to move to

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
neonraver
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
2500k finally giving out on me. Opinions on what to move to

The temps my 2500k are running at have slowly been creeping up and it has finally started to show its age. I am completely out of the loop with what is available now and what goes with what so I thought I would ask for help.

I currently have a 2500k, 8GB DDR3 RAM and a GTX970 and will be keeping everything apart from the CPU, mobo and RAM. I have been really pleased with the years I've got out of my 2500k (had it since 2011) and ideally I'd like to futureproof myself for as long as my 2500k lasted.

When I got my 2500k Intel was pretty much the only sensible option but now I hear AMD is the best value for money. I have been looking at the Ryzen 5 3600 but am open to other options if there are better ones. For a motherboard I have heard the MSI B450 Tomahawk is good. I have no idea about RAM really but have been hearing RAM speed is more important now and I've heard that the Corsair Vengeance LPX kits are good. I have been looking at the 3200mhz sticks but I don't really know if that's what I should be looking for.

My price range is between £300 to £400 but ideally the lower the better.

Thanks in advance!